increasing grub timeout?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Nov 24 18:58:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 13:53 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2009/11/24 08:30 (GMT-0800) Jesse Keating composed:
>
> > ... or even tapping F8 will just like on Windows, it really doesn't
> > matter which key you hit (as long as it isn't escape)).
>
> Why shouldn't the escape key serve to escape from
> keep-the-clueless-clueless&pretend-nothing-is-happening mode?
> --
> The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
> his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
> 			1 Corinthians 7:3 NIV
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
>
> Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Perhaps it's only syslinux, but I seemed to recall the esc key having
some significance in the bootloader area, such as not displaying the
graphics or something.  But my brain, is foggy in these areas.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)