Re: Fedora 12 QA retrospective - feedback needed

On Nov 25, 2009, at 11:44, Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 14:29 -0500, James Laska wrote:
Greetings folks,

Whether you call it a post-mortem, retrospective or lessons learned ...
the end result is the same.  I'd like to collect thoughts on how
good/bad of a job the QA group did in planning and testing the Fedora 12 release. In keeping with the release-wide retrospective from Fedora 11
[1], feel free to share any wishlist items as well.

I've started the discussion on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_QA_Retrospective.

Adding your thoughts is easy ...
     * Edit the wiki directly (instructions provided for ~anonymous
       feedback)
     * Or, reply to this mail (I'll collect feedback and add to the
       wiki)

Over the next week, I plan to organize any feedback and discuss the
highlights during an upcoming QA team meeting.  The goal will be to
prioritize the pain points and use as a basis for defining objectives
for Fedora 13.

Thanks for your feedback!
James

1) in the end, we focused heavily on just three component areas for
testing: anaconda, kernel, and X.org. This is primarily a function of
the fact that these are the most vital bits; it feels like we're still
at the point of doing 'let's make sure it's not totally broken' testing than 'let's make sure it's really good' testing. We didn't do stuff like
making sure the desktop was polished.

Define the "we" here as the desktop team did put a lot of time into polish of the desktop.

--
Jes