Fedora 12 QA retrospective - feedback needed

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 21:20:30 UTC 2009

> 1) in the end, we focused heavily on just three component areas for
> testing: anaconda, kernel, and X.org. This is primarily a function of
> the fact that these are the most vital bits; it feels like we're still
> at the point of doing 'let's make sure it's not totally broken' testing
> than 'let's make sure it's really good' testing.

I agree with this assessment. I would go even further and say it is to a
large extent 'lets make sure the installer is not totally broken for
exotic cases' testing.

>From my perspective, the two main avenues to a new Fedora release are
the live installer and preupgrade, and those two should get all the
attention they can get.

>  We didn't do stuff like making sure the desktop was polished.

I don't think lack of QA was a major impediment to our polishing
efforts. Of course, QA involvement is still appreciated...