any list for test installing f12 beta on my x86_64 laptop?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Oct 14 14:16:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:03:41 -0400,
>   "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   i'm just about to install f12 beta x86_64 on one of my ubiquitous
> > gateway mx7120 laptops (broadcom wireless, ATI video), so i'm open to
> > suggestions as to anything specific i should stress test.
> >
> >   obviously, i'll be checking if wireless is still fairly
> > straightforward to install (is there a URL for f12 wireless i should
> > be referencing?), and i'll check if radeon video drivers are still
> > totally borked.
> >
> >   is there a walkthrough of what one should do in terms of testing?
> > might as well be thorough while i'm here.
>
> Look at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_12_test_days
> and see if there are some there that you are interested in doing.

  ok, i'll do that, but i'm still concerned about resolving the issue
i described earlier -- during firstboot, the display was clearly
configured incorrectly so that i couldn't even see the buttons in the
lower right.

  if i want to test that again, what's the proper way to force
re-running firstboot upon reboot?  i can see the setting in
/etc/sysconfig/firstboot, and also being able to run "chkconfig" on
it.  is there an approved way of simply asking to run it again at boot
time?  thanks.

rday