F12 comments and questions

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 02:59:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 09:05:02PM -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I hope to have time to do another install soon. I apologize for not
> being more active and filing bugs as I should. This fall is really busy
> for me.
>
> Bob Cochran

I don't even know if this is worth mentioning.  I did a fairly quick
test install at work, the way I usually do it. (This will, eventually be
for a developer.) As it's work, I don't have time to really play around
and see what's broken. But, at any rate, taking disk1 of the beta,
unchecking everything, it installed without problem in VirtualBox.  I
then updated (nothing to update) and installed x-base, fluxbox and a few
other things.  Everything was smooth.  I did the very minor test of
changing default partitioning, just using a swap and a / of ext4 (no
separate /boot.)

No issues.  This is a very superficial test, and on a Virtual Machine.

However, an encouraging start.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Mayor Wilkins: There's more than one way to skin a cat.
And I happen to know that factually that's true.