kmplayer but not mplayer???

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Thu Oct 15 09:51:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:00:41AM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> mplayer is in rpmfusion while its front-end kmplayer is in F11 repo  ...
> what is the sense?
> In F12 beta it seems the same thing.
> Any particular reason for not having mplayer in Fedora itself?
> It seems not due to license, as on its home page:
>
> MPlayer is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
> terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
> Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
> version.
> Also, this for rpmfusion mantainers or Fedora if mplayer will be included:
> as libvdpau is now in fedora, could mplayer be directly compiled for its
> support so that we happy users of nvidia cards have no need to recompile an
> own version of mplayer?
> In F11 with "mplayer -vo help" I cannot see it....

RPMFusion maintainers can be reached more easily on the RPMFusion
mailing lists. I happen to be the maintainer of MPlayer package, so
I'll answer here, too. I'm aware of all the issues, but I don't have
enough time to take care of them in a timely manner. If you (or anyone
else) would like to offer help co-maintaining, that'd be very welcome.

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling