New BugZapper Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 17:25:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 15:10 +0100, Renato Caldas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied to the BugZappers group. My name is Renato Caldas,
> and I'm an Electrical Engineer. I'm presently working as an
> investigator at LSTS-FEUP, Portugal.
>
> I've been using Linux for over 6 years now, during which time I've
> done a lot of programming (mainly in C, but also in other languages),
> and made some small contributions to some projects. I've also helped
> as a translator.
>
> I've installed Fedora some weeks ago, having been with Gentoo for
> almost 5 years. I eventually got tired of compiling every piece of
> software in the system :) During that time I also helped around in
> gentoo's bugzilla, by testing, triaging and actually fixing some bugs.
>
> I've been enjoying the Fedora experience, and now I want to help :)
> Cheers,
>   Renato Caldas

Hi, Renato, and welcome to the group! I'll approve your membership in a
second.

If you haven't yet, please do have a look at all the documentation we
have to get you started with triaging:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests - general BZ
reference
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers - use
this to pick a component to help triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

If you're confident about the process after doing the reading, you can
certainly just start right away after that. If you'd prefer a bit more
guidance, many existing BugZappers are happy to mentor new members -
just post a request to the list, or ask in a meeting or any time on
#fedora-bugzappers IRC.

Many of us stay online in #fedora-bugzappers most of the time, it's a
good way to get suggestions from the rest of the group on anything
you're not sure about and so on.

Meetings are every Tuesday at 15:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting , please do
come along if you're free at this time! It's always good to have more
heads in a meeting.

Thanks again for volunteering!

--
Adam Williamson