checksum/disk theories?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Oct 21 02:11:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:33:49 +0800
John Summerfield wrote:

> btw FAT32 does support files larger than 1 Gb

Yea, but not bigger than 2 gig, at least it has always
refused in the past, so I just split them at 1 because that
is well within any limit that might crop up.

> echo \
> cat Fedora-12-Beta-x86_64-DVD.isoa* \> ~/Fedora-12-Beta-x86_64-DVD.iso

Yea, I tried doing an echo and they sure looked like the right
order. My best guess at the moment is some sort of intermittent
bit dropping in the usb stick, but it takes a long time to
copy that much data, so I'm not really up for doing lots of
different tests, at least I finally got the files on my system.