F12 beta DVD upgrade woes?

Hi,

Grabbed the F12 beta DVD iso yesterday, burned it, and tried to run an
upgrade on my F11 laptop.

It proceeded smoothly and professionally, very impressive.  I had an
appointment, so I left it in the installation phase while I took
off...but alas, we had a power failure while I was gone, so it's not
clear if the installation finished properly.

The system boots, X starts up, etc. -- but attempts to run yum give an
error:

 _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_[/root]_(root m5)_
# yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   libnssdbm3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.6.2 (r262:71600, Aug 21 2009, 12:23:57)
[GCC 4.4.1 20090818 (Red Hat 4.4.1-6)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Investigation reveals that nss-softokn is supposed to have this file,
but it isn't installed.  Dependency problem I guess?

 Simple to fix, right?  But alas:

 _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_[/media/Fedora 12-Beta x86_64 DVD/Packages]_(root m5)_
# rpm -i nss-softokn-3.12.4-10.fc12.x86_64.rpm
warning: nss-softokn-3.12.4-10.fc12.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256
signature: NOKEY, key ID 57bbccba
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/etc/prelink.conf.d/nss-softokn-prelink.conf;4adf394c: cpio: Digest mismatch

Talk about frustrating!  This happens for any package I try to rpm -i
from the DVD.

I figure in the latter case, it's rpm & python that are confused,
currently booting the F12-beta DVD to run rescue mode & rpm --root
/mnt/sysimage [...] the package.

 -Scott
"vallor" on #fedora-qa