Re: yum

Seth Vidal wrote:

If stdin is not a tty, don't ask, but do it if "--force" so that it can still be scripted.

yum has the protect-packages plugin.

It does more or less what you mention above.

It's not installed on my RHEL-clone system. I don't have a useful Fedora system at present, so I can't check that.

Unless yum-protect-packages is part of the standard set of installed packages, it's not going to be very effective.

I see a lot of yum plugins listed but uninstalled, I don't know what most of them do. Perhaps more of them should be installed as part of the base installation, and users directed to configure them.

-- spambait
-- Advice

You cannot reply off-list:-)