problems using fixed window sizes

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:17:34 UTC 2009

2009/10/26 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
> On 10/26/2009 02:49 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 10/26/2009 10:30 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:

>> But in the end, my rant isn't with VirtualBox,
>> its with the application developers.
>>

> Which begs the question have you pointed them out to the problem your
> experiencing with their application?
>
> If it does not get reported it wont get fixed..

Yes, I know... I haven't.  :-(

Because its sort of a 'killing flies with a pea-shooter'.
I'd have to report it to (probably) every application.  It might be easier
to get the windowing libraries to implement the auto-scroll bar feature
(and have it default)  rather than reporting it on every application I come
across during the day..

As for the dialog box issue, its the same 'shooting flies' problem.
I once thought it was because GUI builders provided windows
with 'modality' enabled by default, but I don't know.

For me, the problem seems overwhelming,
how do you go about (re)educating the world that simpler is (usually) better?