Audio CDs, Bug 513495 and Devicekit-disks

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 17:19:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 12:34 +0100, spoffley wrote:
> After many months a problem detected in F11 regarding mounting of
> Audio CDs and raised as bug 513495, was finally fixed in
> Devicekit-disks-004-5.  On Rawhide we are up to Devicekit-disks-008-1
> and the problem still exists as the fix has not so far been ported to
> Rawhide I guess.  I would hope that the fix will make it over prior to
> F12 release otherwise a lot of people are going to get very upset when
> they find out that a problem raised 4 months ago has suddenly
> reappeared when they upgrade to F12.  Playing Audio CDs on a computer
> is a pretty fundamental operation these days and it should be expected
> under any operating system

After André Costa mentioned this issue to me by private email, I tested
with F12, and I can play audio CDs fine. The fix for f11 was backported
from a later release of DeviceKit-disks, so it is in F12's
DeviceKit-disks already. Are you sure you're having the same problem?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey