abrt

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 19:07:07 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 04:18:36 pm Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Even more of a problem is that even if you do invoke abrt-gui as root, you
> still cannot report problems!

Even more of a problem is we now have a 3rd directory that has similar
permissions as /tmp and has to be bind mounted to keep it from being a place
where attackers can download, compile, and run applications.

But on your point about having to escalate privs to see some errors. I think
that is the right thing to do from a security point of view.

-Steve