Interactive boot after install from F12 alpha dvd

Peter Glassenbury (CSSE) P.Glassenbury at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Sep 10 05:25:49 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am looking at testing some installs for our department
workstations for next year(core 2 Duos of various speeds).
Trying F11 and F12 Alpha..
Installation via kickstart with all ('*') installed from
a copy of the F12Alpha DVD iso(installed onto a server).

Some startup services hang. Since this is the testing list,
I would just mention the F12 one which is "mdmonitor"
(??software raid on a single sata disk??)

I would LIKE to just get around this with an Interactive startup
on boot.(Where it says Press 'I' to enter interactive startup)
I have tried many reboots with I, i and holding the I key down.
I have had it ONCE go into interactive boot on F11. ZERO times
on F12Alpha(from DVD)

Can someone help with ...
  ** How to type 'I' at the right time :-|
  ** What I should do with mdmonitor from the point of view of
     finding issues with F12.. (or should I just wait until
     I can get the machine up to a state where I can do
     a "yum update" ?)

Cheers
Pete