Intel graphics users: send me your VBIOS

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 18:45:10 UTC 2009

If you have a machine with an Intel graphics chip, I need your help.
I'm trying to make LVDS connection detection actually reliable, and I
think I have a solution that involves parsing BIOS data tables.  But I
need more testcases to raise my confidence that it's actually a reliable
method.

So, do this:

% sudo dd if=/dev/mem of=/tmp/rom bs=64k skip=12 count=1

and email me that rom file, along with a brief description of the
machine, and in particular what graphics outputs (DVI, VGA, LVDS...) are
_actually_ present on the machine.

Thanks!

- ajax