Rawhide KVM not ready for Prime Time

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Sep 21 09:39:32 UTC 2009

A few attempts to get XP running under KVM failed.
Finally I loaded a fresh Rawhide 64 and was able
to load XP using the XP profile.

This VM refuses to run if no CD is in the drive.

The first time I tried mapping a network drive resulted
in the Blue Screen of Death.  Perhaps SElinux - so no more
SELinux.

The Windows ftp program could log in but not get a
directory listing.

It turns out the i icon is not for information but also
fo modifying the VM.  It should have a wrench on it,
not the letter i which is Apple territory anyway.

I mapped the Oregon Scientific weather station USB
address but the Oregon Scientific application could
not see the device.  I mapped the upstream usb
controller also but to no avail.

No sound but I have not investigated that yet.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665