Preupgrade to rawhide?

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu Sep 24 19:51:54 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 01:11 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
>
>> If I am reading the X.org logs correctly, I am using nv and not nouveau.
>>
> That's possible, but can you post the relevant logs to confirm it?

I was referring to the xorg log of the running f11 system. The display
config dialog box also said that I am using nv so I trust it. Besides,
when I deliberately switched to nouveau with the display dialog and
tried to reset x, x got into a permanent retry loop.
>> Maybe nouveau is not supporting my device.
>>

> That's probably it. There is a small set of cards that are known not to
> work with nouveau which we blacklist to use nv instead. Yours may be one
> of these. The output of 'lspci -nn' would help me confirm that.

So it could be that the install is trying to use a nouveau driver and
this is causing my hang. How do I verify?