Re: Translation FAQ

Sarah Wang wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of compiling a Fedora Translation Project FAQ. All suggestions and contributions welcome!

Can you add few words about
- "prioritizing messages" using builtin gettext functions (or gettextlog.sf.net);
- using LANG and LC_MESSAGES environment variables to change language of the program;
- using locale, localedef commands to verify existing locale or define new;
- using msmerge, msgcat utils to share translations;
- validation of the translation file (comment at top of file, file header, msgfmt -c -v -o /dev/null filename.po, ispell, etc.);
- utilities for translators (KBabel, gTranslator, poEdit, po-mode.el for Emacs, maybe some web-utils).

(I just looked at TOC of my article in Ukrainan language).