Re: Annoucement: New translation status page is installed

If you have only 2 translators, then it may not be a problem, it gets more difficult with 10. And if you have 20+ translators to a language, peer-to-peer communication has proven not to be ideal. In this way, everyone is informed of who is doing what. You only have to [Take] a module once, and then it belongs to you until the translation is finished, or you [Release] it. We believed this mechanism to be extremely helpful.

Regards,
Bernd

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan schrieb:

Sulyok Peti wrote:

My opinion is that conflicts should be resolved according to the docs of
CVS. By using this take-over tech. teamwork has to be done outside CVS,
or by using another CVS repository. This might be painful for teams
working on the large PO files like dist and anaconda.
Regards,
Peti

Agreed. Previously, I and another Malay translator working together with anaconda totally using CVS. No issue about take over. Both updates their own tree and resolve any conflict prior to committing new translation. It works well and we manage to complete it before FC2 release.

I don't see the benefit of the take over mechanism here. Can anybody explain?

Thanks.

-----
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan