What's the future for translation inside the FP ?

Thomas Canniot mrtom at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 1 13:50:40 UTC 2007

Several months ago, we were asked about the future of translation
inside the Fedora Project.
Some people were in favour of a web UI (like Rosetta) to translate po
files, others wanted to keep the actual system, but with better tools
(for stats, updates and merges), and others wanted to be able to choose
between a rosetta-like system and the cvs/po one.

Then... what has been decided ? What is going on ?

I'm just asking because we are planning to reorganise our small
French translator team, and just wanted to know it's worth it.

Thanks.

Thomas Canniot