Re: POT file for system-config-rootpassword is not updated!

Hi Doncho,

2007/5/6, Doncho N. Gunchev <gunchev gmail com>:
On Saturday 2007-05-05 15:20:03 Xavier Conde Rueda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to warn everybody about an the current POT file for
> system-config-rootpassword on the repository is outdated. This file
> has to be deleted and built again in order to get the most recent
> strings. After deleting it and updating the translations, I've found
> there are some new fuzzy and untranslated strings.
>
> Hope this helps.

Rebuild the .pot file - how and why? Shouldn't that be done from
someone @ redhat.com? Bugzilla?

My answers below:

-- How:

rm -f system-config-rootpassword.pot
make update-po

You need to have checked out the whole module (python sources, etc.),
not just po's.

I'm attaching the up to date .pot file, so you don't have to do the
previous steps. Just merge it with msgmerge.

-- Why:

Because there is an error on the Makefile rule; makefile rule is named
against system-config-rootpassword.pot. Since pot file is older than
makefile, it is not updated. I noticed it when I ran de test4 liveCD;
the application dialog has different strings than the ones on the
repository POT...

-- Shouldn't that be done from someone @ redhat.com? Bugzilla?

Yes, that's why I haven't commited the updated POT file, nor the
translations of the others languages; i'm not sure if I have commit
rights for makefiles, though. Anyway, updating the PO against the
attached POT will do the work for now.

I've also noticed there are strings not marked for translation on the
source code that are likely to be translatable:

passwordDialog.py:141
self.msgLabel.set_text("The two fields did not match. Please try \nagain:")

passwordDialog.py:189
self.securityBar.set_text("Security Level: Strong")

passwordDialog.py: 228
self.securityTooltips.set_tip(self.passwordEntry, "Remember that your
password should have at least 6 characters in length")

And I'm sorry, but I'm too busy translating Fedora docs and I can't
send bug reports or patches for this; hope the list mantainer can do
it.

Hope this helps.

  Doncho

Google talk/Jabber: xavi.conde a gmail.com
# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2007-05-05 14:47+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL li org>\n"

#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:53 ../src/passwordDialog.py:98
#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:219 ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:27
msgid "Root Password"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:55
msgid "Change the root password for the system"
msgstr ""

#. If no user was passed in, assume that we're chaning the root password
#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:103
msgid ""
"You can change the root password by filling \n"
"the following fields:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:106
#, python-format
msgid "Please set the password for %s."
msgstr ""

#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:111
msgid "New Root Password:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/passwordDialog.py:115
msgid "Confirm Root Password:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:29
msgid ""
"Pick a root password. You must type it twice to ensure you know what it is "
"and didn't make a mistake in typing. Remember that the root password is a "
"critical part of system security!"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:40
msgid "Password:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:41
msgid "Password (confirm):"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:46 ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:55
#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:69 ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:74
msgid "OK"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:46
msgid "Cancel"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:53
msgid "Error"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:54
msgid "You must be root to change the root password."
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:66
msgid "Password Length"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:67
msgid "The root password must be at least 6 characters long."
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:71
msgid "Password Mismatch"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/rootpassword_tui.py:72
msgid "The passwords you entered were different. Please try again."
msgstr ""