Release Notes for F8 - first POT drop

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:03:46 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 14:10 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
[... snip ...]
> Reminder: the full fedora-release-notes package includes material from
> the following modules:
>
>   * release-notes
>   * homepage
>   * about-fedora         <-- (Almost no changes since F7)
>   * readme
>   * readme-live-image
>   * readme-burning-isos  <-- (Almost no changes since F7)
>
> For the best locale representation, make sure you visit each of these
> modules for updates.  Also, please remember to check that the po/LINGUAS
> file in each module is updated to include your locale, so it will be
> built by our tools!  Thanks to everyone for your great work, it's a
> pleasure to work with you.  If you have any problems, please contact us
> at fedora-docs-list.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I wanted to let everyone know that the
homepage module has some additional content.  You will notice that there
are quite a number of strings marked "untranslated" which are actually
just meant to be copied.  One of them contains CSS code (I tried to
protect it from XML2PO, but it breaks the building of the document).
Many others contain native names of languages, like "suomi" for Finnish,
and do not need to be translated.  There are several short strings that
do need translation but this should be *very* short work.

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at FDP
if you have problems or questions.