FLSCo nominations

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Apr 10 17:28:23 UTC 2008

Looking at the nominations page for FLSCo, one can tell that some very
active folks in the FLP are being shy in applying.

A core purpose of the FLSCo is to guarantee that the people who decide
for the future of the FLP aren't random ones, or those who just
happened to be present at an IRC meeting. FLSCo members are ordinary
people who the rest of the community believes they have a good
judgment for what's good for the Project and trusts them to take
decisions for the whole community. In the next meeting, when you will
"+1" something with the community's stamp of approval, it's less that
*you* will feel better about it and more that *the community* will
feel better about it.

I want to trust the project's future in the hands of people who's name
is all over the place in the past meetings' summaries [1] and the
discussion list archives [2]. People who have proved in the past that
they care about the FLP. Also, I'd really like to see new people step
up to participate in leading the project, with fresh ideas about what
we should be doing to become a model of a Localization Project in open
source.

This is not politics -- we're already making decisions just fine. We
just want to make sure the whole community agrees on what we are
doing.

Now, get your name on the nomination page before I poke you with a stick.

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/SteeringCommittee/Nominations/2008

-d

[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Meetings/
[2]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/