Remove specspo statistics?

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 14:39:27 UTC 2008

Alexander Todorov wrote:

> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | Can we remove specspo/desc, specspo/summary statistics from the
> | individual language statistics page? I am not sure about other teams, I
> | personally don't like to see it on Gujarati Statistics page. So, I
> would
> | like to remove specspo statistics from
> | http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/gu/fedora-9 page.
> |
> | I would like other teams to opt-in, if you also prefer to do the same.
> | May be, we could request the infrastructure team or Dimitris to remove
> | the specspo statistics from the individual language statistics page.
> |

> Before other teams can opt for this can you share your reasoning? Do
> you simply
> don't like these particular two because they are extremely large? I
> guess users
> who don't speak English will be happy to see package descriptions in
> their
> native language. Why removing them from the stats page then?

Hi,

Just look at the statistics of the module "specspo".
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/specspo Do you see any
language completed more than even 50%? No...

The reason is obvious, it's too huge to translate and another reason
would be I think, it's not really important for the "end users" too, who
actually use "Localized Desktops". For them package summary or
description doesn't make much difference as they understand the use of
packages through help files/manuals only. They don't go by RPM specs -
summary or descriptions I think. So, most of the language coordinators
are not translating this package.

So, I would like it to be removed from the *individual language
statistics page only*, Not from the "individual module translation
statistics page".

It will help me to track the progress of translation of my language, for
the important/core packages only.

Still, I am not so keen on getting this removed from the statistics
page, but thought may be other language coordinators too thinking the
same thing, so expressed my idea.

Thread is open for the inputs I think...

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel             	    Mob: +91 9890772942