Remove specspo statistics?

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 02:49:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit at redhat.com> wrote:
> Alexander Todorov wrote:
>  >
>  > Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
>  > | Hi,
>  > |
>  > | Can we remove specspo/desc, specspo/summary statistics from the
>  > | individual language statistics page? I am not sure about other teams, I
>  > | personally don't like to see it on Gujarati Statistics page. So, I
>  > would
>  > | like to remove specspo statistics from
>  > | http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/gu/fedora-9 page.
>  > |
>  > | I would like other teams to opt-in, if you also prefer to do the same.
>  > | May be, we could request the infrastructure team or Dimitris to remove
>  > | the specspo statistics from the individual language statistics page.
>  > |
>  >
>  > Before other teams can opt for this can you share your reasoning? Do
>  > you simply
>  > don't like these particular two because they are extremely large? I
>  > guess users
>  > who don't speak English will be happy to see package descriptions in
>  > their
>  > native language. Why removing them from the stats page then?
>  >
>  Hi,
>
>  Just look at the statistics of the module "specspo".
>  http://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/specspo Do you see any
>  language completed more than even 50%? No...
>
>  The reason is obvious, it's too huge to translate and another reason
>  would be I think, it's not really important for the "end users" too, who
>  actually use "Localized Desktops". For them package summary or
>  description doesn't make much difference as they understand the use of
>  packages through help files/manuals only. They don't go by RPM specs -
>  summary or descriptions I think. So, most of the language coordinators
>  are not translating this package.
>
>  So, I would like it to be removed from the *individual language
>  statistics page only*, Not from the "individual module translation
>  statistics page".
>
>  It will help me to track the progress of translation of my language, for
>  the important/core packages only.
>
>  Still, I am not so keen on getting this removed from the statistics
>  page, but thought may be other language coordinators too thinking the
>  same thing, so expressed my idea.
>
>  Thread is open for the inputs I think...

What about moving specspo to the "Various Fedora resources" release
set, rather than having it under F8, F9 etc..? In this way, it will
show up on (using pt_BR as example):

http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/pt_BR/various

but it will not show up on:

http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/pt_BR/fedora-9