A couple of anaconda error strings...

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:42:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> In doing some testing of various things within anaconda, I've come
> across a few fringe error cases which we really should be catching and
> presenting to the user with something other than a traceback.
> Unfortunately, this involves strings :-/
>
> So, there are a few options
> 1) Leave as a traceback.  You'll have to try pretty hard to convince me
> this is the right answer ;-)
> 2) Add the strings, don't mark them for translation.  Similar to 1 for
> non-English users, but at least not a traceback.
> 3) Add the strings, mark them, get as much translated as possible.
>
> I'm really up for either 2 or 3 based on what people would prefer.
> We'll be building anaconda up until pretty late, so this shouldn't be a
> big problem.  But I wanted to give people a chance to yell if they had a
> large problem
>
> Jeremy
>
> PS We're talking about a relatively small (10 at the way outside... I
> think I'm at 3 right now) number of strings
>
> --

If 3 happens, I'll gladly translate them into spanish, but I can't speak for
the translaters of the other hundred languages.

Signed,
An overeager translater who happened to arrive to late to help much into
translating F9 into Spanish :-)

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos