F10 Release Notes PO files

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:56:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 11:08:55AM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that POT and PO files have now been updated.
> This was supposed to happen on 6-Nov, and many of us have not committed
> our files yet. We now have to stop working.
> http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/?p=docs/release-notes.git;a=summary
>
> One funny thing to me, the total number of strings decreased to 1024
> strings...
>
> Could someone please let us know what is happening?

Noriko,

I believe I'm the person who updated the POT, but I thought I was
giving translators early content to make sure they were able to work
as long as possible on the correct content.

Are you saying that updating the POT files destroys your previous
work?  I thought that the update would simply mark new strings that
have changed a little bit as fuzzy.  Does this really require that
work stop?  Don't translators have a way of getting the updates
without destroying their existing work?