Finishing F10 Docs & Translation schedules

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Nov 8 05:01:26 UTC 2008

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all.  I was hoping we
could do this real time, but I guess that isn't going to work out for
now.  Maybe we can meet at FUDCon to make sure the Fedora 11 schedule is
  setup correctly from the start?

I built a special report that combines the docs and translation tasks
into one schedule if that is more helpful to look at.
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-and-trans-tasks.html

The other schedules are in their regular places using the header
navigation here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-all-tasks.html

Here are the questions and things I am still not clear on.

1) For schedule tracking purposes the primary work products, what work
products are {created by the docs team && translated by the translation
team}:
     a) fedora-release-notes.rpm (ALL files inside)
     b) Installation guide
     c) ????
--I guess the pattern I'm seeing in the schedule we have so far is that
we don't have consistent tasks (or they aren't labeled correctly) for
each work product (e.g. create content, review content, freeze, generate
pot, translate, translation deadline, publish content, etc.)

2) Other questions referring to the indexes or task numbers here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-and-trans-tasks.html

a) What is the deadline for translating the releases notes (26)?  Four
days seems too short.

b) The release notes string freeze did not take place until Oct 17,
correct? (25)  How does this affect the time needed to translate?

c) I thought I saw on docs-list that someone said more time needs to be
scheduled for creating the POT file for release notes (24)?  How many
days should it be?

d) There is a string freeze for the Install Guide (31)
    i) when is the POT created?
    ii) how long is the translation period? take to translated?

e) What are tasks (35) to (38)? "web site" is vague.

Thanks,
John