DL listing vs. TX listing

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Sep 23 10:05:19 UTC 2008

2008/9/23 Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz>:
> But those
> discrepencies are really confusing. There is already bug iniciated by me.

We tried to keep the names consistent in the 75+ modules registered on
Tx. I guess the pulseaudio ones slipped our attention. :-)

> [...] What I found: e.g. when you download a
> .po file for PackaKit from modules page, you translate it and try to submit
> it via submit page, then you see that the file you are submiting to is
> completely different.

Maybe this is because the PO file provided from the modules page is
already msgmerged with the POT?

To test, download the PO file from the PackageKit VCS (this is the one
you're overwriting), msgmerge it and compare it with the one you
received from the modules page.

While I believe clean UIs and things 'just working' are good, in this
case I think we should *increase* the verbosity of our web tools, so
that people can know exactly what's happening. For example, the module
page could detect if the msgmerged file is different from the original
PO file, warn if different, and provide links to both.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/