F11 release notes ready for translation

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 15:40:04 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields pisze:
> Just bumping this message up so translators can see it -- I've seen a
> number of commits coming in from Transifex, but not as many as usual.

One reason could be that release notes are more difficult to translate
from release to release. Now it's less "what's new and what's really
important", and more "describe *every* new or updated package, even if
it's used only by small group of people". So we have more and more
strings, using words almost impossible to understand by regular
translators (what the hell is "flattening the netlist" or "drill
handling" and why the typical user should care?). And there are much
more of that kind, even more cryptic to us. Do we *really* need this? Is
the big AmateurRadio section read by anyone else then radio amateurs?
With all the respect, I don't think they are significant part of our
community.

Smaller release notes containing only information for majority of users
would be easier to translate and understand (also for native English
users!), resulting in wider audience. It would be also easier to
collaborate and maintain release notes.

Just my 2 cents,

--
Piotr Drąg