Simplified Chinese of Fedora 11 Installation Guide cannot be opened and viewed

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 00:53:54 UTC 2009

田世雄 wrote:
> Simplified Chinese of Fedora 11 Installation Guide cannot be opened and viewed
> When I viewed it from the site directly(click the view button), there
> is a message displayed:Page unavailable

There seems to be a temporary problem with Transifex; some pages are
unavailable, and other pages appear to show old versions of the files.

> Then I downloaded the po file, and opened it in Gtranslator, it lost
> response. I tried to open it in Poedit, the message showed
> that:"Failed to convert pofile to unicode". And the details was as
> follows:

Sorry!

The new Transifex can only support a single .po file for each language,
while documents created in Publican use multiple .po files for each
language.

To prepare the Release Notes and Installation Guide for Transifex, we
merged multiple Publican .po files into single large .po files. In the
case of the Installation Guide, this created very large headers, and it
looks like this is what is crashing Gtranslator and Poedit.

I actually corrected this problem in zh_CN and uploaded it a few hours
ago, but Transifex is not showing the change yet. I have tested this new
version of the file in both Gtranslator and Lokalize, and it opens fine.

You can download this corrected version of zh_CN.po directly from the
git repo here:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/install-guide.git?p=docs/install-guide.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/zh_CN.po;hb=f11-tx
(Make sure that your browser is set to display UTF-8)

I'm still working on fixing this in other languages, and I see that the
Dutch and Polish teams have corrected this for themselves (thanks guys!!)

Sorry again for the inconvenience, and thank you for your interest in
translating this book. :(

Ruediger