Re: Possible problem with policycoreutils-gui translation packaging

Igor Pires Soares wrote:

This has been a recurrent issue with policycoreutils. I noticed the same
happens with .desktop strings in pt_BR translations. Interestingly, I
don't see problems with the strings shown in your screenshot. I'm able
to see those ones in pt_BR, but not the menu string "SELinux
Management", for instance.

Hmm. My guess is that the translations were packaged at a certain date/time and only a few early bird translations made it to the build. Perhaps we can make some noise and get this fixed for F-12.

Pablo Martin-Gomez wrote:

> After parsing the src.rpm, I think I found the origin of the bug: the
> .pot available in Transifex is the official .pot plus a patch
> from RedHat, and yet, all the untranslated strings like "Network Port",
> "Process Domain" came from this patch. So I suppose that the patch is
> buggy or "patch" (the programm) can't manage some locales.

So it certainly looks more like a problem with both 'packaging' and the existence of entries which were probably not 'marked for translation'. What I am thinking is that filing a bug against F-11 may not help here because in all probability it would be marked for fixing in 'rawhide' and it would mean that we have to wait for the versions for F-12 to roll out. :(

Any other thoughts here?

Thanks
Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com

irc:
mishti or runa_b on Freenode, Gimpnet, Mozilla, LinuxChix