Re: L10N Infrastructure Roadmap (was Re: FLP Meeting 2009-01-28 IRC Log)

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Asgeir Frimannsson <asgeirf redhat com> wrote:
Since the first recorded Transifex-commit in Nov 2007 until Dec 2008, 176
out of ~450 unique FAS users (in the cvsl10n group) committed translations
through the system, a few commits away from a total of 5000 commits to 86
modules.

Cool stats! Also worth noting that release notes were translated in more than
20 languages with 80%+.

Documentation-statistics for Publican didn't work for F10, as Damned Lies
has issues with having a PO file for each XML file withing a project.

Is this an issue for the newer Django branch of Damned Lies? I
estimate that adding Publican support to Transifex is a matter of a
few hours of development time. If the Publican group could help Fedora
L10n with this task, it'd be great. Please send patches directly my
way and I'll test/merge right away.

The only active developer in the Publican group is me and I don't have the time, or in all honesty the inclination, to learn Django.

However, I am prepared to buy Asgeir a pint of his favourite ale to do this :D

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn redhat com>
Software Engineer