Transifex

Francesco Tombolini tombo at adamantio.net
Sat Feb 14 20:34:11 UTC 2009

Piotr Drąg ha scritto:
> Francesco Tombolini pisze:
>> I hope that the upgrade will be more than a hope.
>> Yes, "all" the L10n project locked by a single web app.
>> Varie risorse Fedora       0% (0/0/5164)     Fedora 11 (Leonidas)
>> 14% (595/31/3622)    Fedora 10 (Cambridge)     0% (0/0/3600)    Red
>> Hat Enterprise Linux 5     0% (0/0/2411)
>> hundreds of fedora contributors continuosly afflicted by po or pot files
>> not updated or false stats, with no way of contribute in other manner.
>> Do we need an alternative?
>> Or do we wait that DL become stable?
>>

> This is most likely caused by recent outage [1], or someone manually
> deleted DL cache, and statistics are being rebuild now. It should be
> done months ago. Hopefully statistics will be correct after rebuild.
>
> [1]
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-February/msg00006.html

You are very kind to answer that a recent DNS outage, can stop all
translation work.
But what it seems, is that this project may need a test environment
with more deep and long testing period before deploy an upgrade or a new
app.
My point of view is that Fedora DL throw away all the benefit coming
from its association with Transifex, making the project, to be
continuosly at an apparently start phase.
Due to the lack of a locking system of the po file (like the old redhat
method), the crew waste their time translating already translated
strings, or filling the wiki or the mailing list of strange messages to
know, "who and when is work on what", constantly with the same doubt:
"Are the stats updated?", "I'm translating the right latest file or not?"

--
Francesco Tombolini <tombo at adamantio.net> <tombo at fedoraproject.org>
Key fingerprint = EDA9 7504 AA93 CEFC 5990  1356 8584 6B05 F140 5F73