Committing to transsifex

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Jan 30 21:06:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Richard van der Luit <zuma at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I submitted several nl.po files at transifex this week, incuding
> 'fedorahosted.org website' and 'fedoraroject.org website' and
> talk.fedoraproject.org. I did that resp 27/01, 27/01 and 29/01.

Hi Richard.

>From what I see, your files have been submitted successfully by
Transifex to the source repository:

  http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fedora-web.git;a=shortlog

I'll take this opportunity to remind that statistics (/) and
submission (/submit) have always been two **different applications**.
The first is Damned Lies and the latter is Transifex. To make sure we
can identify what component is malfunctioning, please note that if
statistics are not working, then Damned Lies is malfunctioning. If
your submission hasn't reached the git/hg/svn/foo repository, then
Transifex is malfunctioning.

> Now
> 30/01 17:37 UTC+2
> It is still not processed in the statistics of transifex (old po files
> are showing, or no po-file whatsoever for the new translations) although
> transifex gives a message that *** "The file you submitted is identical
> to the target on our server (empty diffset). Try refreshing the module's
> cache and retry submitting" *** if you try to submit again, so the
> submitting was a success before.
> Also on the dutch "get-the-po-file-of-the
> module-you-want-to-translate-page" (any technical term for that page?)
> the modules were reported as stil not or still only partial translated
> (although they are 100% translatedand submitted).

If you take a look at the page
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/fedora-web, it says:

  Download POT [...] — updated on 2009-01-04 01:24:08 UTC.

So while the translations have been submitted to the repository by
Transifex, for a reason they aren't being pulled by the statistics.

I've opened a ticket to Fedora Infrastructure for the problem:

-δ

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/