Re: String freeze break request for system-config-printer

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Tim Waugh <twaugh redhat com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to fix a translatable string in system-config-printer:
> -msgid "You are not authorized to carry out therequested action."
> +msgid "You are not authorized to carry out the requested action."
> This string was only marked as translatable on March 10th (i.e. right before
> the string freeze), and so fixing this string will not invalidate any
> existing translations for it.  As for translations currently in progress I
> will monitor incoming translations and correct them as necessary until the
> string freeze is over.
> If this string is left as-is the the American English version of the dialog
> shown whenever an unauthorized operation is tried through PolicyKit will
> look silly.

+1 from me too.

As a side note, for future iterations of possibly other projects and

If the string is indeed changed and translators don't have time to
produce translators (eg. this break happens a few days before the
feature freeze) then the message on localized desktops will look even
sillier: it's not just two words  joinedtogether but instead a whole
sentence totally incomprehensible to 70% of our users.

Tim, thanks for following the policy.