Re: [fedora-virt] Losing mouse focus

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:43:49AM +0100, Brendan Whelan wrote:
Bill,

I had the same problem and received the following from Daniel Berrange

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:53:02AM +0000, Brendan Whelan wrote:

I am new to using virtualization and, after some effort, I have created and then cloned a virtual image on a laptop with an Intel P8400 processor using Fedora 10. Unfortunately, when I run the cloned image I don't have proper cursor control, even after pressing ctrl-alt. Any suggestions?
There was a bug in GTK-VNC for mouse grab handling. I've hust pushed an
update to the stable repos so it should show up in a couple of days
You want

gtk-vnc-0.3.8-2.fc10

That should have got 90% of the way there, but I found another annoying
problem, so you really want  gtk-0.3.8-3.fc10 currently in update-testing!

One day this will eventually all work correctly ;-)

I didn't even have gtk-vnc loaded, and it seems to have no effect, presumable because the command line run uses SDL.
 Ex:  qemu-kvm -m 1200 -std-vga -hda fc11beta.img
or similar. I played with vnc a few months ago, and it made no difference. I would really prefer to avoid having the extra layer if I can avoid it.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.