[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [fedora-virt] how can i verify that HW ext ensions are being used?



Denise,

I'm using a full real DVD, NOT an ISO that just resides on a DVD.  In fact its exactly the same DVD that I installed the physical server with, so it's known to be good and just be sure, I just examined it!  

When you say you want the logs, which logs exactly and from where?  I assume that from the guest that had the problematic installation, but I want to be sure that i send the correct stuff.

Thanks!

Regards,

 

Mike Hinz
President
YR20
1718 Fry Road, Suite 440
Houston, TX  77084
mike hinz yr20 com
832-225-1293 (o)
713-594-3095 (m)
832-550-2657 (f)


-----Original Message-----
From: "Denise Dumas" <ddumas redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:06pm
To: mike hinz yr20 com
Cc: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday crashcourse ca>, "Fedora Virtualization Mailing List" <fedora-virt redhat com>
Subject: Re: [fedora-virt] how can i verify that HW extensions are being used?

Are you testing a full real DVD or just a boot.iso burned to a DVD?

If it's just a boot.iso, that would explain what you're seeing - there 
are no packages on it so anaconda will use a
network source in that case.  That would explain booting off a DVD and 
then seeing lots of network activity.

However if you're using a fullsize however many gig DVD with a Packages/ 
directory and all that, then there appears to be a bug
here.  We'd need to check the log files to find out what's going on.  If 
that's the case, could you please open a bugzilla against anaconda and 
attach the logs?

Thanks,
Denise

mike hinz yr20 com wrote:
> Glad I'm not crazy!  Someone else sees the same thing...
>
> So, do you still want bug reports on this?
>
> Regards,
>
>  
>
> Mike Hinz
> President
> YR20
> 1718 Fry Road, Suite 440
> Houston, TX  77084
> mike hinz yr20 com
> 832-225-1293 (o)
> 713-594-3095 (m)
> 832-550-2657 (f)
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday crashcourse ca>
> Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:42pm
> To: "Mike Hinz" <mike hinz yr20 com>
> Cc: "'Mark McLoughlin'" <markmc redhat com>, "Fedora Virtualization Mailing List" <fedora-virt redhat com>
> Subject: RE: [fedora-virt] how can i verify that HW extensions are being used?
>
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Mike Hinz wrote:
>
>   
>> It also acts differently than a normal Fedora 11 beta install on
>> physical HW in that it asks you for some network adapter info and it
>> appears to me, to install entirely from the network as the lights on
>> lab switch goes nuts as does the network activity light on my server
>> AND I see essentially zero activity on the DVD drive on the server.
>>     
>
>   good lord, he's right.  at the moment, during a fresh install, my
> network is going bananas with traffic to/from
> fedora.mirror.iweb.ca.  the install DVD isn't being used.  what's up
> with *that*?
>
> rday
> --
>
> ========================================================================
> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>         Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca
> Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday
> Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday
> ========================================================================
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-virt mailing list
> Fedora-virt redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-virt
>   




[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]