[fedora-virt] how can i verify that HW extensions are being used?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Apr 17 18:10:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, mike.hinz at yr20.com wrote:

> Thanks for filing this.  For whatever reason, the log files that
> Denise requested are not being created on either of the 2 VMs I've
> created.
>
> Also, just fyi, the behavior during the installation on the 2nd VM
> was exactly the same as the first, that is it did a network install
> even though it had a valid DVD available.

  and just to totally flog this horse, i verified in my install log
file that the install understood initially that this was a DVD-based
install:

[Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:54:44 virt-manager 19292] DEBUG (create:721)
Guest type set to os_type=hvm, arch=x86_64, dom_type=kvm
[Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:54:59 virt-manager 19292] DEBUG
(DistroInstaller:112) DistroInstaller location is a local file/path:
/dev/sr0
[Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:55:13 virt-manager 19292] DEBUG
(DistroInstaller:112) DistroInstaller location is a local file/path:
/dev/sr0

  and i noticed the shift to net-based install the instant it started
checking the selected package dependencies, not before.

rday

p.s.  and i'm curious -- has anyone installing f11 x86_64 in f11
x86_64 *not* seen this behaviour?  is there perhaps some combination
of installation selections that triggers this?

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday