Re: [fedora-virt] Fedora11-Preview without GRUB

2009/4/29 Ján ONDREJ (SAL) <ondrejj salstar sk>
Hello,

 after my rawhide installation was corrupted, I planned to install a fresh
Fedora11-Preview in virt-manager. Everything worked well, just GRUB has been
not installed. I can't fix this by running some commands in rescue mode.
My attempts are here:

sh-4.0# df /boot
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1               198337     13573    174524   8% /boot

My root partition is /dev/vda1, so my root disk is /dev/vda (paravirtualized
disk).

sh-4.0# grub-install /dev/vda
expr: non-numeric argument
/dev/vda1 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.

Hi, I have the same problem even though my host and guest are not Fedora but Pardus. It seems somehow that GRUB does not play well with vda disks. As a workaround, I added the same disk image as hda, installed GRUB, then reverted it back to vda. It works.

--
Emre