[fedora-virt] KVM Virtual machine mounting physical drive

People,

I need to upgrade and I want to start using 64bit hardware that can do KVM but I have a question before I start spending money:

I have been using Fedora since the beginning and regularly upgrade my current hardware with each new version. To minimise restoring data, I have a pair of drives setup as RAID 1 (ie separate from other partitions) that is used for /home . So after an upgrade, I simply mount /dev/md0 on /home. Would I be able to do this from a virtual machine in a new KVM setup?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades