Re: [fedora-virt] Network configuration for qemu+kvm

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 10:36 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> 4.  After noodling around the two documentation web sites I found:
> http://www.libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html#examples which implies that I can
> set up additional interfaces similar to the NAT interface ... one as a routed
> (bridged) interface and a second type for an isolated network ("host-only")
> interface.  Furthermore, the implication is that guests can share the virbr0,
> virbr1, and virbr2 interfaces.  I sure hope this works because it is precisely
> what I am looking for.
>
> As I said, this implies to me that something (libvirtd?) will "automagically"
> setup/start the interfaces ... it also shows defining an isolated network.
> Does anyone know if this works?

I'm not sure I understand the question. If it's "do those examples
work", then "yes"

The "default" network is the only one created by the RPM install, but
it's trivial to create those "private" and "local" networks using the
"virsh net-define" command

Cheers,
Mark.