Re: [fedora-virt] Fedora And Virtualization

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:03:57PM -0400, Paul Lambert wrote:
I tested VMPlayer last week on Fedora 11 for evaluation.  When the VMWare
software installs it will detect if KVM is installed and will not install if
it is.  In otherwords, you can only have one virtual engine installed at a
time.
Yes, this is expected.  Nested virtualization on PC hardware is in its
infancy.

That is not actually nested virtualization. Paul is talking about two hypervisors running side by side. This isn't supported as there is no way currently to arbitrate the virtualization extension features between the two VMMs; there were some patches to allow that but apparently the effort stalled.

VMware ought to be able to run inside a kvm guest, without virtualization extensions (and with virtualization extensions on AMD).

signature is too narrow to contain.