Re: [fedora-virt] how to active XEN on Fedora 12

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Dario Lesca wrote:

Il giorno mar, 22/12/2009 alle 11.05 -0800, Boris Derzhavets ha scritto:
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/11/22/setup-ubuntu-9-10-server-pv-domu-at-xen-3-4-1-dom0-2-6-31-6-pvops-kernel-on-top-of-fedora-12/

Thank Boris for reply, but I want only use "yum install something ...".

I'm not a guru of Linux, I don't want to do "rpmbuild ...;
configure ..., make something ...; ecc..", this is the past.

If for use XEN i must "make something ..." I will continue to use "rpm
-i VMware-server-2.0.2....." or another distro that will not need to
build something.

Then: It is possible use XEN in Fedora 12 without rebuild some things?

If you are using xen on Fedora see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0 In particular there are some pre-built kernels at http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/

You do need to edit your boot loader configuration to use the kernels under xen, you want something along the lines of

title fedora xen (version)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /boot/xen.gz
	module /boot/vmlinuz.version standard_kernel_options
	module /boot/initrd.version.img

Basically it should probably match your existing entries except for the additional xen line and kernel/initrd becoming module in the other lines.

	Michael Young