Re: [fedora-virt] Fedora 12 host and windowsXP guest - No Sound from guest

On 12/29/2009 04:57 PM, Daniel Sanabria wrote:
Hi all,

I can't get any sound out of a windows xp guest. I've tried <sound
model='es1370'/> and <sound model='ac97'/> and windows seems to
recognize them ok but no sound at all.

My audio setup in the host is fairly simple, fedora12 and an integrated
sound card + a USB headset, both are successfully detected by fedora and
I can switch between the 2 without problems.

I feel like something is missing here, the host_sound and guest_sound
doesn't seem to be integrated properly. What setting can I change to get
sound out of the guest?

It might be a qemu issue - there are several config options for qemu package: --audio-drv-list=oss/alsa/sdl on upstream code non worked reliably for me, in the past it did work, so its probably a regression.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel