Re: [fedora-virt] QEMU new Package

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:17 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > Also, there has been a proposal by ajax in #fedora-devel to have a "qemu-native"
> > package, that would install native emu/virt for whatever architecture you're running at.
> >
> > What do you guys think of this?
>
> There's no need for a package for that. Just conditionally add
>
>   Provides: qemu-native
>
> to the appropriate qemu-system-XXX  sub-RPM according to the arch you're
> building on.

Actually my proposal was to have qemu-native and qemu-everything-else.
On the basis that either you just want a vm and the native arch is good
enough, or you want a particular arch and therefore clearly have disk to
burn.

But, I'm no domain expert here.  If the typical qemu user is something
other than I've envisioned, then feel free to ignore me.

- ajax