[fedora-virt] Display resolution: virt-manager + qemu + kvm

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:15:55 UTC 2009

I used virt-manager to create a virtual Rawhide machine for testing,
with qemu and kvm providing the virtualization.  My virtual machine is
stuck at a low resolution (640x480?  I don't remember right now and
its on my home machine).  When I looked in /var/log/Xorg.log on the
virtual machine, I saw lots of complaints about modes being out of
range.  Resizing the window and going to full screen just scale the
low resolution up to the window/screen size.  I've combed through the
virt-manager man page without finding any mention of video resolution.
 The kvm man page tells me to use the -std-vga option, but I don't
know how to pass it from virt-manager.  Does anybody know how to get
higher resolutions?

The host is a Fedora 10 x86-64 machine, and the virtual machine is a
Rawhide x86-64 machine, by the way.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/