Re: [fedora-virt] Re: virt-p2v

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 03:11:16PM -0800, Brian Krusic wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Well, my / is 25G however the image that gets produced is 400G.
>
> The 400G is that actual size of my entire disk but I only have a 25G
> partition defined, the rest of the drive is blank other then for a small
> swap partition.

We completely need a way to manipulate disk images - eg. resize LVM
partitions, read out data from filesystems nested inside partitions
inside LVM, etc etc.  In other words, a non-broken gparted.

virt-df has much of the machinery required to do this.

Turn it into a library, package it up ...  If only I had the time.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top