Re: [fedora-virt] Disk device performance in F11

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 10:28:46AM -0400, Rich Mahn wrote:

> > libvirt isn't just a wrapper around qemu-kvm, it drives half a dozen
> > different virtualization systems, giving you the benefit of
> > abstracting the details of the hypervisor from the management tools.
> > So for that reason we don't support tweaking the qemu command line
> > arbitrarily.  However if there are particular features of qemu or KVM
> > that you think we should support, please raise them.
>

> I would like to see a feature equivalent to the -no-reboot in qemu.
> When I manually shutdown a virtual machine I don't like it automatically
> booting back up.

We support this already.  You have to set this:

  <on_reboot>destroy</on_reboot>

See: http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsLifecycle

To change the domain XML configuration use 'virsh edit <domname>'.

There might also be a way to change this setting in virt-manager.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html