[fedora-virt] Disk device performance in F11

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:55:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Jerry James<loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Incidentally, the guest machine that I described in the first message
> in this thread is using the virt-blk driver, so I wonder if I'm seeing
> the same problem as described in the thread on the test slowdowns.  I
> just checked, and the disk image is sparse, although there seems to be
> some doubt that that has anything to do with the problem.

I just made a Rawhide virtual machine to see if it suffers from the
same problem.  Zillions of copies of this message are being spewed to
the console, although the machine itself seems to be running normally
(if sluggishly):

end_request: I/O error, dev vda, sector 0

Any idea what that's all about?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/